Kids bouncing off the walls? Keep them busy with this easy craft. All you need is a box of Cheerios and some basic craft supplies.
What you’ll need
- Sharpened pencil
- Sugar ice cream cone
- Pipe cleaner (chenille stem)
- Table knife
- Creamy peanut butter
- Cheerios cereal
What to do
- Use the pencil to poke a hole in the pointed end of the ice cream cone.
- Twist a knot in the end of the pipe cleaner. Thread the pipe cleaner into the ice cream cone and out the hole (the knot will hold the pipe cleaner in place).
- Use the table knife to spread the peanut butter on the outside of the cone.
- Press the cereal all over the peanut butter to cover the cone.
- Sprinkle the birdseed over the cone, pressing it into the peanut butter with your fingers.