Stuck inside? Here’s a good way to keep the kids occupied for an hour or two. Take a couple of minutes to make colorful dough. Then let them create.
What you’ll need
- ¼ cups Original Bisquick® mix
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon food color
What to do
- Stir Bisquick, salt and cream of tartar in 4-cup microwavable measuring cup until mixed; set aside. Mix water and food color in liquid measuring cup.
- Stir a small amount of colored water at a time into dry mixture until all water is added. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute. Scrape mixture from side of cup and stir.
- Microwave uncovered 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring every minute, until mixture almost forms a ball. Let dough stand uncovered about 3 minutes.
- Remove dough from measuring cup, using spoon. Knead dough in your hands or on the counter about 1 minute or until smooth. (If dough is sticky, add 1 to 2 tablespoons Bisquick.)
- Cool about 15 minutes. Use dough to make shapes and designs. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.