Holiday Entertaining Made Easy
It's the most wonderful time of the year! It's also the most HECTIC time of the year. Christmas productions, parties, dinner, shopping, you name it. While I love to bake and have shared a few of my favorite Christmas baking recipes (http://www.lifemadedelicious.ca/Blogs/QUEEN%20OF%20CUISINE/holidays.aspx), it does take time. If you're pressed for time and want to serve an easy appetizer, or a tasty treat, I have a few quick and easy recipes for you!
1 wheel Brie cheese
1 small jar of chutney (I used my own plum chutney)
1 cup chopped cashews
Crackers or sliced baguette for spreading
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the Brie on a large pie plate or oven proof dish. Spread a generous layer of chutney over top and evenly sprinkle with the chopped cashews.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until cashews are golden and the cheese inside the rind is melted. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Open the bag of pretzels and use only the unbroken ones. Place them on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
3. Place one Hershey Kiss on each pretzel, repeat for an entire cookie sheet. Place one Rolo on each pretzel, repeat for an entire cookie sheet.
4. Place cookie sheet/s in the preheated oven, bake for 3-5 minutes for the pretzels and Kisses. Bake 5-7 minutes for the pretzels and Rolos. (Check on them at the earlier time - all ovens are different.)
5. Immediately upon removing from the oven, place one M-n-M on top of each pretzel/Hershey's Kiss.
6. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 8-10 minutes, to allow chocolate to re-set. Keep them in a container in the fridge until you're ready to use them.