It might be called a picnic, but in reality it can be a pain in the you-know-what. Still, there’s no denying, picnics are a great way to spend time together as a family. Don’t sweat it. Here are some easy ideas:
- Have a picnic in your back yard; you can easily carry everything outside.
- Head to the nearest beach. Swimming and sand castle construction will keep everyone busy. And you can finally sit back and enjoy the outdoors—at least for a little while.
- Put in on the grill. Chicken, steaks, hot dogs and burgers, fish, and even veggies are all great candidates for the barbie. Some options: Taco beef burgers, Grilled taco chicken and Grilled halibut with mango sauce.
- Make salads, such as a Crunchy Chicken Salad, ahead of time. Or just pack buns and fruit, such as a watermelon.
- Have grab n go snacks, like Nature Valley* granola bars, on hand.
- Buy juice boxes so you don’t have to make and carry an entire pitcher of lemonade.
- Bring a Frisbee, badminton rackets and/or a volleyball. Pull them out whenever you hear the dreaded “I’m bored” complaints.