It’s the holidays. You want to bake cookies, but not if you have to employ baker’s hours to get it done. Instead, organize a casual cookie exchange party. Invite 5-10 friends to come over with a batch of their specialties already wrapped and ready to go. (Click here for gift-wrapping ideas.) Or, have everyone bring their own containers to take home the goods. Either way, everyone leaves with a variety of cookies. Here’s what else you can do to make sure your cookie exchange is a success:
- Find out what cookies your guests want to bake, so you don’t wind up with 200 macaroons.
- Get each guest to make at least two dozen (24) cookies.
- Have everyone bring photocopies of their recipe.
- Tell guests to bring their own containers to take home the goods.
- Have waxed paper on hand for stacking and layering the cookies.
- Nosh on simple finger foods. Try smoked salmon tarts and tortilla rollups.
Keep your kids busy during the holidays with colouring pages. Download them now.