Cut the fat in your baked goods and savour every delicious bite. Guilt-free. Here’s how.
- Cut servings into smaller portions.
- Use nuts in reduced amounts. When baking a cake, sprinkle nuts on top of the batter instead of stirring them in. The nuts toast as they bake, releasing more flavour—and there's no need for frosting.
- Try Betty Crocker® Angel Food Cake mix—angel food cake is fat-free. Add fresh sliced strawberries for a finishing touch. Try Low-fat Mocha Angel Food Cake.
- If soft cheese is required, use low-fat varieties, as in these Blueberry Burrito Blintzes
- Applesauce and plain yogurt are good fat substitutes in most recipes. For maximum texture and flavour, replace no more than half the amount of the fat listed in the recipe. Try Applesauce Muffins.
- Mashed ripe bananas work well as fat substitutes in carrot or banana cake or muffins, such as Banana-Strawberry Muffins.
- Baby food in fruit flavours can be used as fat substitutes too.
- Replace 1 whole egg in a recipe with ¼ cup fat-free, cholesterol-free egg product substitutes or 2 egg whites—you'll save more than 10 grams of fat and 100 calories.